Emmanuel Baptist Church, Brooklyn, NY
The ramp meets the client's wishes while complying with landmark guidelines. It serves the community by providing an accessible, non-mechanical entry solution. The ramp blends seamlessly into the existing environment and color coordinates to match the three-story Gothic Revival landmark's existing stone base. Francis H. Kimball designed the church in 1887. To implement the construction, two original wrought-iron light posts, situated at the entrance of the church, were relocated a few feet from their original position. The existing foliage was temporarily removed, preserved, and replanted following the ramp's final installation to conceal and integrate the new ramp partially.